FIRE ALARM SYSTEM
We improve your property’s fire protection near Annapolis
Every year, approximately 80,000 commercial fires cause thousands of injuries and billions of dollars in property damage. An effective fire alarm system can save lives and minimize property losses by alerting building occupants and fire response services to the first signs of a fire, even before visible flames are detectable. Weisman Electric Company can help you improve your property’s fire protection services with integrated fire alarms and smoke detectors near Annapolis.
Best Areas for Smoke Detector Installation
Smoke detectors are an important part of an effective fire alarm system. Installing smoke detectors in the areas where fires most commonly first break out is the best way to improve early warning times for faster fire suppression response.
- Kitchens are one of the most common places for fires to occur. Installing a smoke detector and fire alarm system near any kitchens on your property is a smart move toward better fire safety.
Other Areas for Smoke Detector Installation
- HVAC systems, including boilers, can also pose a fire risk, even when they are located in separate storage facilities. The installation of a smoke detector near any indoor HVAC equipment can alert you to the first signs of a problem.
- Storage areas can become the sites of fire outbreaks when improper storage methods are utilized. Especially if you store paper documentation or other flammable materials onsite, installing smoke detectors in these areas will ensure that any fire associated with these materials does not go unnoticed.
- Locker areas and bathrooms can provide a tempting space for employees who don’t wish to go outside to smoke. Installing smoke detectors in these locations will not only deter indoor smoking, but reduce the fire risk associated with smoking as well.
Getting the Most from Your Fire Alarms
Following fire alarm installation, it’s important to work with your employees to develop a complete fire protection program. You can find out more about fire alarm installation and repair in Annapolis by calling Weisman Electric Company at 410-266-3522 to speak with an experienced electrician.
- Hold regular fire drills and ensure that all employees are familiar with all potential exits from your property so they can still exit safely if one or more areas of egress are blocked.
- Instruct your employees never to tamper with or hang items on fire alarms, smoke detectors, or other fire suppression equipment. Additionally, make sure employees know to come forward and report issues they notice that may affect fire alarm performance, such as visible damage or electrical issues.
- If your fire alarms are damaged or inactive, they cannot provide the early warning system you need. You should have your fire alarms checked and tested regularly by a trained electrician to ensure they are in good condition at all times.